On June 28, 2018, State Senators and Representatives toured the 600 megawatt Rush Creek Wind Farm under construction in Matheson, Colorado, about an hour and half southeast from Denver. The project, developed by Xcel Energy, came online in July. Vestas, the Rocky Mountain Farmers Union, and Colorado Farm Bureau joined the tour.
- Xcel Energy
- Colorado Springs Gazette: Wind energy the new 'wocash crop' for Colorado farmers
- Denver Business Journal: Massive Xcel wind farm is altering Colorado rural economy — even before its 300 turbines start spinning
- DenverCBS4: Winds Blow Change Into Colorado As Farmers Help Boost Green Energy
- KUSA: Wind farm to provide economic boost to eastern plains
- Brian Allmer Radio Network: First Look: Rush Creek Wind Project Providing Massive Benefits to Eastern Plains Economy, Residents
- Castle Rock News-Press: Rush Creek project: The power is blowin’ in the wind