Starwood Energy Group and General Motors (GM) hosted a tour of the Northwest Ohio Wind Project in Paulding County or local and regional press on April 26, 2018. Once complete, the 100 megawatt wind project will serve GM’s plants in Ohio and Indiana. The event featured several speakers from all aspects of the project – from on the ground to end use – while giving attendees an up close look at the turbines and wind farm.
The project will employ at least 252 workers during construction and 10 full- and part-time positions once the project is complete. The project is also expected to generate $900,000 annually in tax revenue and between $25-$30 million in total payments to landowners over the life of the project.
Local elected officials, businesses, community leaders, and residents will join Starwood and GM in discussing the positive economic impact that the project will have on their community. Wind technicians and Starwood employees will be on hand to talk about their jobs at the wind farm.
Attendees also heard from GM on how purchasing wind energy helps control their energy costs and is important to their customers.
- Starwood Energy Group
- General Motors
- Associated Press: Wind farm to help power GM facilities in Ohio, Indiana
- WBAT: GM to use wind farm to power manufacturing facilities
- WTOL: General Motors unveils new 42 turbine 100 MW wind farm
- WANE: GM unveils wind farm that will power Indiana, Ohio plants
- The Journal Gazette (IN): GM closer to renewable energy usage
- Michigan Radio: GM will soon be 20% of the way to its 100% renewable energy goal
- News-Sentinel (IN): GM's Fort Wayne Assembly Plant to use wind energy for most of its electrical needs
- Crescent News (OH): Wind Farm Unveiled in Paulding County
- WKSU.org (OH): GM to power Ohio and Indiana factories with new wind farm
- WFFT (IN): Northwest Ohio wind farm unveiled
- Paulding Progress Newspaper (OH): Northwest Ohio Wind Farm press conference
- Times Bulletin (OH): Wind farm to power GM plants in Ohio and Indiana
- MLive: GM to power Indiana, Ohio factories through Midwest-based wind farms
- The Van Wert Independent (OH): Wind farm brings $$ to Paulding County
- Cleveland Plain Dealer: Northwest Ohio wind farm will supply plants in Ohio, Indiana