American wind power closed 2017 strong, attracting new jobs and private investment to farm and factory towns across the nation. The American Wind Energy Association, the industry’s national trade group, recognized New Mexico’s growing leadership in wind power by releasing their 2017 U.S. Wind Industry Annual Market Report on April 17th in Santa Fe. New Mexico is a rising star for wind farm and transmission infrastructure development. The state has seen the benefits wind power can bring firsthand, including new jobs, stronger rural communities, and economic diversification.
- American Wind Energy Association
- ABQ Journal: New Mexico out front on wind power
- Los Alamos Daily Post: New Mexico to Receive National Recognition for Wind Energy Leadership
- ABQ Journal: New Mexico tops in wind energy growth
- Grant County Beat: New Mexico delegation hails year of leading wind power growth in the state
- Santa Fe New Mexican: New Mexico tops nation in wind energy growth in 2017
- Santa Fe New Mexican: New Mexico's wind translates into power
- KKOB: NM a wind power "power"
- ABQ Journal: NM should capitalize on wind momentum